In the Spotlight: You! Apply for a Summer 2018 Internship at our Washington, D.C. Office
Bose Public Affairs Group is seeking an intern during the summer of 2018 for the firm’s downtown Washington, D.C. offices.
The Bose Public Affairs Group is a full-service public affairs firm. Our Washington, D.C. office is a strong and diverse team of talented, knowledgeable, and innovative professionals. The firm represents a wide range of clients in the science and technology, environment and energy, and education sectors, as well as local governments.
The candidate will provide assistance to the firm’s government relations and communications teams on a wide variety of matters and will gain exposure and experience in all aspects of the legislative and public affairs process.
- Targeted research in areas of municipalities, energy, higher education, and other client sectors
- Compose client-facing communications and products based on research and collaboration with other professionals
- Research and package grant opportunities for clients across Bose Public Affairs Group portfolio
- Provide assistance to the firm’s staff with organizing logistics for congressional briefings and prepare for client meetings
- Support for web-related projects, including blogging, social media, and maintenance of websites
- Coordinate and schedule congressional meetings for large Washington fly-ins
- Conduct basic office administrative duties
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for advancing legislative strategies related to science and technology, education, municipal, or energy policy issues
- Interest in public policy and the legislative process is preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Strong writing and communication skills and ability to interface with large numbers of people and organizations
- Candidate will need to be able to write in a clear manner and interact with the firm’s team members and partner organizations in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently after being given initial instructions
- Position: Legislative Intern
- Work Schedule: Full-Time
- Begin: May 2018 (flexible)
- End: August 2018 (flexible)
- Type of Employment: Full-time internship
- Compensation: Paid
- Positions Available: 1
Please send the following application materials to Dhara Taheripour (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 1st with the subject line “BPAG Internship Application [Last Name]”:
- Cover letter describing applicant’s interests in legislative affairs
**Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only be contacting candidates for interviews.